Prof. Dr. Iwan Gawriljuk
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. habil. Iwan Gawriljuk
Akademischer Werdegang / Professional experience
1999 - 2014 Professor, University of Cooperative Education, Staatliche Studienakademie Thueringen - Berufsakademie Eisenach/Duale Hochschule Gera-Eisenach
1989 -1999 Lecturer, Privatdozent, Institute of Mathematics, Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, University of Leipzig.
1995 - received Dr.rer.nat.habil. from the University of Leipzig, Germany.
1981 - 1989 Associate Professor of Applied and Computational Mathematics and Informatics(Department of Numerical Methods of Mathematical Physics, Department of Applied Statistics), National Taras Shevchenko University of Kyiv (Ukraine).
1971 -1981 Assistant Professor (Departments of Computational Mathematics, Economical Cybernetics, Theoretical Cybernetics, Applied Statistics)
1977 was being granted a Ph.D. degree in Physics, Mathematics and Computer Sciences.
1966-1971 Study of Mathematics and Informatics at the National Taras Shevchenko Univesity of Kyiv (Ukraine).
Forschungsgebiete / Main Areas of Research Contributions
- Computer Sciences/Numerical Analysis/Mathematical Modelling;
- Analysis/Partial Differential Equations and Applications;
- Applied Statistics/Numerical Functional Analysis;
Sprachen / Languages spoken
Lehrgebiete / Main University Courses Taught
- Computer Sciences,
- Numerical Mathematics,
- Algebra and Calculus,
- Mathematical Modelling,
- Applied Mathematics,
- Mathematical and Statistical Methods,
- Applied Numerical Methods,
- Computational Methods in Optimisation,
- Computational Algorithms Design and Analysis,
- Honours Courses,
- Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations,
- Mathematics for Business and Management,
- Complex Analysis,
- Engineering Mathematics,
- Functional Analysis,
- MATLAB for engineers.
Akademische Grade / Education and academic degrees
1995 Dr.rer.nat.habil (Institute of Mathematics, University of Leipzig ).
1977 Ph.D in Physics, Mathematics and Computer Sciences (Department of Cybernetics and Computational Mathematics National University of Kiev)
1966-1971 M.Sc. (high distinction) in Applied Mathematics and Computer Sciences (Department of Cybernetics and Computational Mathematics, National University of Kiev ).
Publikationen / Publications
Auszeichnungen / Awards
- The State Prize of Ukraine in Science and Technology 2012.
- DFG Grant (1998-present).
- DAAD Grant (1990-1997).
- Industrial Grant "Mathematical Modelling of Semiconductor Devices" (with cooperation with the Radio Manufacturing Company, 1985-1989, Chief Investigator)
- Industrial Grant "Mathematical Modelling of Adsorption Processes" (with cooperation with the Institute of Water Quality, 1983-1985, Chief Investigator)
- Industrial Grant "Mathematical Modelling of Radio-Engineering Systems" (1981-1983)
- Privatdozent, University of Leipzig , 1995.
- Academic Degree of Associate Professor, National University of Ukraine , 1981.
Über I. Gawrilyuk / About I. Gawrilyuk
- COMPUTATIONAL METHODS IN APPLIED MATHEMATICS, Article Vol. 8 2008
Professionelle Aktivitäten / Professional activities
Editor of the Journals:
- "Computational Methods in Applied Mathematics"
- "Mathematics of Computation"
- "Journal of Numerical and Applied Mathematics ";
Reviewer of the Journals:
- Journal for Analysis and its Applications
- Mathematical Reviews
- Zentralblatt Mathematik;
Member of Scientific Committees at a number of International Conferences;
Member of the American Mathematical Society ;
Supervised 5 Ph.D. students who successfully defended their degrees.