Dual Study Programmes
The Cooperative University („Duale Hochschule“) offers at her campus‘ in Eisenach and Gera a wide range of bachelor degree programmes in the fields of business administration, engineering, informatics and social pedagogy.
All study offers are designed as so-called practice-integrated dual programmes, i.e.: The length of study is six semesters (full-time) with each semester parted in a theory phase at the university and – based upon that – a practice phase at a co-educating practice partner („Praxispartner“). In the last practice phase, each student is required to write a bachelor thesis, in which the student proofs his or her proficiency solving a complex practical case problem utilizing the acquired scientific and practical knowledge and methods.
Application and Approval
For study admission of applicants with a foreign educational certificate, the Cooperative University has to verify first that the certificate is recognised as a German higher edcuation entrance qualification. If you are uncertain about your qualification, it is recommended to clear that with the university ex ante (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
Before you submit your application documents to the Cooperative University, you must find a practice partner, i.e. a co-educating company or other institution that cooperates with the university (this may also be a new partner company). See how to find a practice partner here.
With your practice partner, you have to sign a training contract for the chosen study programme and sent this contract to the Cooperative University as part of your study application documents. The contract's form is predetermined by the university and can be found here.
Please note, that the lectures and seminars (including exams) are carried out in German language, Therefore, an appropiate knowledge of German is also required for studying at the Cooperative University (we strongly recommend language level of C1 or higher). Evidence can be provided by appropriate certificates.
Study Requirements and Application
You will need a general university entrance certificate (allgemeine Hochschulreife), a subject-specific university entrance certificate (fachgebundene Hochschulreife) or an entrance certificate for an university of applied science (Fachhochschulreife).
In addition, you need a training contract with a certified practice partner for the chosen study programme (see above for further information). The contract will not only stipulate your training and study obligations, but also the amount of training allowance and vacation. Admission to the programme will be granted by the Cooperative University. For this purpose, a copy of your training contract must be submitted to us – either by the training company or yourself. You will then be asked to provide all other registration documents.
Theory and Practice Combined
If you opt for one of our dual study programmes, two partners will collaborate to provide you with valuable qualifications: The university will take care of the theoretical part, and the training company will enrich your learning by offering practical experience. You will alternate over every three months., which means you will be studying at the University and working for the partner company at the same time.
Each of the six semesters is divided in a theory phase (lecture time, 12 weeks) at the university and a practice phase (14 weeks average including vacation) at your practice partner.
The regular change of learning environments will let you apply, deepen and expand your knowledge, will refine your practical understanding of scientific concepts and will develop your social skills.
Knowledge and Skills
We will provide you with various skills and knowledge to prepare you for your professional career:
- Specialist skills (expertise)
- Methodological skills (identifying and bridging gaps in knowledge, solving problems and applying knowledge to new problems)
- Social skills (communication, leadership, cooperation, negotiation and responsibility)
- Organisation skills (time management and adaptability)
- Presentation skills (oral and written expression)
Study Programmes and Options
BETRIEBSWIRTSCHAFT / BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (Bachelor of Arts)
Campus Gera and Campus Eisenach
- Handel / Trade
- Industrie / Industry
- Logistik / Logistics
- Management im Gesundheitswesen / Health Care Management
- Öffentliches Management / Public Management
- Öffentliches Management - Digitales Verwaltungsmanagement /
Public Management - Digital Administrative Management
- Immobilienwirtschaft / Real Estate Business Administration
- Dienstleistungsmanagement / Services Management
- Digitalisierungsmanagement / Digitalisation Management
- International Business Administration
- Handelsmanagement / Trade Management
- Handelsmanagement - E-Commerce / Trade Management - E-Commerce
- Industriemanagemet / Industrial Management
- Tourismusmanagement / Tourism Management
ENGINEERING (Bachelor of Engineering)
- Konstruktion / Construction
- Kunststofftechnik / Plastics Technology
- Mechatronik und Automation / Mechatronics and Automation
- Produktionstechnik / Production Technology
- Produktionstechnik - Instandhaltung / Production Technology - Maintenance
- Technisches Management / Technical Management
- Prüftechnik und Qualitätsmanagement /
Measuring Technology and Quality Management
WIRTSCHAFTSINGENIEURWESEN / INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING (Bachelor of Science)
- Technischer Vertrieb / Technical Sales
- Digitale Industrie / Industrial Digitalisation
ELEKTROTECHNIK/AUTOMATISIERUNGSTECHNIK / ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING/AUTOMATION TECHNOLOGY (Bachelor of Engineering)
- Prozessautomation / Process Automation
- Industrielle Elektronik / Industrial Electronics
PRAKTISCHE INFORMATIK / PRACTICAL INFORMATICS (Bachelor of Engineering)
TECHNISCHE INFORMATIK / TECHNICAL INFORMATICS (Bachelor of Engineering)
WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK / BUSINESS INFORMATICS (Bachelor of Science)
WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK - Verwaltungsinformatik / BUSINESS INFORMATICS - Administrative Informatics
SOZIALE ARBEIT / SOCIAL WORK (Bachelor of Arts)
- Kinder- und Jugendhilfe / Child and Youth Care
- Soziale Dienste / Social Services
InformationInformation for prospective students